Who are we?
La Cité’s Centre de recherche appliquée en construction (Centre for Applied Research in Construction) is situated at the Centre des métiers Minto – Campus Alphonse-Desjardins, in Orléans.
Most of La Cité’s applied research activities in construction are held at the Centre des métiers Minto – Campus Alphonse-Desjardins, in Orléans. Private businesses can benefit from innovation support in the fields of building construction, renovation, electricity, plumbing, heating, refrigeration and air conditioning.
By choosing to work with our team of construction experts, your business could leverage highly-skilled personnel and specialized equipment to make its projects come to life. We can help you develop materials and construction processes, design specific projects and improve innovative construction methods, amongst other things.
We are experts in:
- Concrete foundations, steel, wood and masonry
- Hybrid and conventional building
- Material strength testing
- Developing and applying alternative construction and building mechanicals methods
- Multi-story building
- Customized applications for local and international building
- Areas facing major challenges because of a natural catastrophe or a man-made crisis
- Developing new living, ventilation, plumbing and electrical supply systems